German bakery makes reuse of old bread by burning rests in their Biomass-fired boiler creating bread
Customers expect bakeries to have a full sortement of fresh products till the end of the day.
To use the rests of the products in an efficient way “Ihr Bäcker in Schüren”
started using a part of his leftovers as energysource to bake new bread.
The chain for the reusage is as follows:
1. Old bread is sold on the next day for 20% less.
2. Another part is given to needy people
3. some part is used to make breadcrumbs.
4. the rest of the bread will be 100% used to create new heat in their biomass furnace.
5. Other rests will be used as animal feed.